Ukraine Flag

Ukraine Flag

Monday, September 7, 2015

24 hour countdown

Its officially 24 hours until my flight pulls from the gates in Houston Texas headed east to Frankfurt- then ultimately Kyiv Ukraine. 24 hours until the plane pulls away and solidifies this adventure- makes it real. I. Am. SO. Excited!


I am so grateful to ILP (International Language Program) for this amazing oportunity. I am so excited to land in Kiev on Thursday and have the adventure of a lifetime. Im excited to walk the streets of this historical east European city and explore its art, history, culture and cuisine!



My itinerary is to fly from Houston Texas to Frankfurt. In Frankfurt I will be meeting up with the rest of my group- which I am most excited for. We have had the opportunity to get to know each other via Facebook and texting but it wont be until we are standing in line to board the plane in Frankfurt will I actually get to meet them in person!

The past few days have been a whirlwind. Flying to Texas from Alaska, getting here and trying to get all my stuff unpacked, washed/cleaned, seperated and repacked. Going to the store and buying supplies to take with (part of the program is we need to take school and craft supplies, as well as rewards for the students).  Spending time with my parents and trying to absorb all the American foods I can before diving into a world of borscht and chocolate.


Today has been busy full of the dreaded task of packing. I actually don't mind it that much- I have traveled a bit so I am quite familiar with the process, however this time it is a bit different. I am going for an extended period of time facing an entire world of unknown. It makes it sort of difficult, but I think im prepared! I just thought I would share some of the things I am taking.







Tomorrow I enter a whole new world! Ready, set, LETS GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment